Thursday, March 30, 2006

So Again...

So again I mourn ... this time the tears don't hold behind the dam. This time they fall in a torrential downpour that swamps my heart and makes it float and bob on the surface of a rolling seafoam crested wave. It slams the shoreline and dumps me in the sand.

Death... sometimes it is a welcome guest when one has been beaten and eaten alive by that vicious villain that cancer is. My dear cousin's flesh was consumed by it veracious appetite. Yet her spirit beheld, bestowed, belongs to the Almighty alone. The epitome of gentleness. Of grace. Of forgiveness. Of faithfulness supreme. Who's arms embrace spoke more love than most peoples words. Who's spirit so filled with the presence of God Himself. The kind of quiet nature that makes hard souls sigh and soften to the beauty of life. The kind of soul that makes unbelievers... KNOW that God is more real than what is seen.

I simply feel shattered... that this most tender woman will no longer grace this earthly sod! A lifetime together... it isn't very long you know. Her dear family was there... watching her spirit return to God who gave it. They know... they have peace in their deepest sorrow. It is well with their soul... even though this pain is new and hurts so cuttingly. It is still so well with their souls.
A lifetime together will come once again when each are also birthed into Eternity and swaddled in spirit cloth.

Such distress... such a blessing ... such is this part of life.

The twinkles in your eyes as they crinkle up with glee
Your gentle, tender arms embrace that infiltrates our hearts
Faith that went beyond all borders and boundaries.
A spirit filled with God Himself.
A true temple of His Love.
You thrived and thrived through difficult days
Sustained by the Heavenlies, sustaining us all.
With dawn you returned from where you began.
One by one we shall meet you there... whenever we can.
My heart cracked this morning when I heard you have gone
but it was quickly filled in with your forever bond
Tonight I will go out and look up at the sky
I will thank our Savior
for YOU
the sweet precious you who has embraced me my whole life
with the most caring, gentleness of anyone I have known.
I give thanks that you are in Peace secure
I just wish it had been different
cause this world is at a true loss
without you here.
I love you. I will hold your family close as they need those arms of love to extend back around them in strength , courage and the tender gentleness that they will recognize as given from you, to me.
Lovingly always
Lion~*

No comments: