Friday, March 31, 2006

Fatithfilled Reminders

Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.
Victor Hugo

Some folks believe in the idea of life after death and I hope they're right... but it's also important, I think, to believe in life BEFORE death.
Ron Atchison

Live your life so that the fear of death can never enter your heart. When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the morning light. Give thanks for your life and strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. And if perchance you see no reason for giving thanks, rest assured the fault is in yourself.
Chief Tecumseh, Shawnee Indian Chief

“If we have been pleased with life, we should not be displeased with death, since it comes from the hand of the same master.”
Michelangelo
“Perhaps they are not the stars,but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy.”
Eskimo Legend

“Life is a great sunrise. I do not see why death should not be an even greater one.”
Vladimir Nobokov

"I wanted a perfect ending... Now, I've learned the hard way that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious ambiguity."
Gilda Radner, 1946-1989

“Whoever brought me here will have to take me home.” Rumi

Ecclesiastes 12: 7
and the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

Call the drummers, timbal beaters, and tambourine players. March toward my grave dancing thus, Happy, gay, intoxicated; with hands clapping, So that people would know that the friends of God Go happy and smiling toward the place of meeting.- Rumi

Whoever brought me here will have to take me home.- Rumi

"Faith goes up the stairs love has built
and looks out the window which hope has opened..." Charles Spurgeon

Drumsound rises on the air,its throb, my heart.A voice inside the beatsays, "I know you're tired,but come. This is the way."
Jeláluddín Rúmí(trans. by Coleman Barks




No comments: