Monday, April 24, 2006

What is realistic?

What is realistic to be afraid of? Something you have already experienced... or something you have no idea about? Both hold a gripping power upon the intellect. Both get lived and relived before and after happening. Both hold gray matter hostage in it's shell of bone. Both raise blood pressure as the heart thumps hard and speeds through tunnels to seek escape... and there is none. You just have to ride each day out... each emotion and motion, choice or not.

So why the fear?

Why not throw back your head... raise your hands in surrender and let your heart leap to your throat in yells of exhaltaion as life's wild rollercoaster zips, zooms and climbs just to fall!!!
It is going to happen anyway... you have to take the ride!

But that fear loves a travelling companion!

So I let it squeeze my hands together and plung into my heart and explore my brain ... for whatever that is worth~*

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Yes...we have to take the ride, dear Lion. Though I have been out of touch, you are often in my thoughts. Seems like the minutes in this new world of mine are filled, with little time for chatting and writing and thinking. It's all about feeling. I go from feeling angry about the past, to feeling elated about the present. And your world, so much about feeling your way back to peaceful. I know it will come my friend, for fear is a temporary state for those of us who believe. And you will overcome - there is no other way.

bless you...
Mermaiden