Monday, October 29, 2007

Bulwark of My Soul



"The emotional virus lives
and thrives
in the gap between expectations and perceived reality."

Doc Childre and Bruce Cryer,
Chaos to Coherance
Now doesn't that give one much to think upon! I have had repeat infections of this virus. It is a hard one to shake and no medicine can be swallowed to alleviate the symptoms!
So I cling to the walls of truth where authenticity adheres untrammeled. It is getting past the rubbish that clogs one's brain which is no easy endeavor! That gap is filled with so much prattle! Words not intended to restrain our emotional growth, yet creating stagnate ponds of sensitivity. Even mere looks put constriction upon hearts inhibiting growth.


I hear my voices echoing back to that first cry. I hear everything in that gap filled cavern of mine. There wasn't love enough to inoculate me from the viral abyss. Though of course no one is immune! Time has provided a prescription for this malady... maturity infuses the soul with antibodies


If we had no gap... what would we be filled with!
Oh Indeed!
We would be filled with arousing wellbeing, but know not why it is so blissful.
So I shall be thankful for the infirmity that saturated my emotions.
For now I know to cling to the bulwark of my soul.


I tell you, deep inside you is a fountain of bliss, a fountain of joy. Deep inside your center core is truth, light, love, there is no guilt there, there is no fear there. Psychologists have never looked deep enough.
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar


I believe in the Peace that passes understanding. I am kissed by it daily.The Carpenter building my spirit's destiny lays fresh stones one upon the other mortaring them together firmly, squeezing that gap.
~~~~~
The photo is of Cathedral Mountain. I lived at the very base of it long ago! The picture doesn't do it justice. When you look up at it on a brilliant day... it looks just like a fortified castle! You can see the windows and doors... and the fairy angels flitting about if you really try! :) Fact is... the whole top inside of this mountain has been carved out by miners of old. It has an enormous cavern within, yet stands strong and magnificent by its strong walls. Just like you... just like me!
The Bulwark providing our security and truth... our value... these are not infected.


Love Lion~*








3 comments:

Maithri said...

Dear Lion,

Your love is a light to us all,

Heres to all the soulful things which bridge that gap...that heal the soul.

Love, light and blessings always,

M

PS the photos are wonderful

Frieda said...

that photo is great! thanks for sharing the picture and your soulful words...I felt every vibe!

Lion~* said...

Thanks Dear ((((Maithri and Frieda)))

Love Lion~*